Over 107 countries to join PM and his sunshine band in November,2015
- India is going to host "Energy Ministers Meet: from 107
- It brings to life PM
Narendra Modi's vision of creating a global platform for "sunshine
countries" ahead of the global climate talks in Paris.
- The conclave will formally kick off the sunshine grouping,
christened InSPA (International Agency for Solar Policy & Application).
- The Paris talks begin on November 30.
- The sunshine countries represent all major developed and
developing economies between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn, including
Australia, New Zealand and China.
- India is also lobbying for getting a resolution passed for
hosting locating the InSPA headquarters in the country.
- India will lead the world in renewable energy showing that
we believe in 'Convenient Action (book written by the PM)'.
- The idea is to forge an international alliance through
innovation and handholding smaller nations to mitigate climate change.
- The govt. has set a target of installing 100 GW (giga watt)
by 2022 at an investment of Rs 6 lakh crore.
- This was a dramatic increase from the 20,000 mw target
envisaged in the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission launched by the UPA
government in 2010.