International IP Index 2022: India ranks 43rd
- India has improved its overall IP score from 38.4 per cent
to 38.6 per cent, and the country is ranked 43 out of 55 countries on the
International Intellectual Property Index 2022.
- This index was released by the Global Innovation Policy
Center of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- In July 2021, the Parliamentary Standing Committee on
Commerce released a Review of the Intellectual Property Rights Regime in India.
- This review is a welcome development and offers a
comprehensive and detailed study of the strengths and weaknesses of India’s
national IP environment.
- The top five countries in the ranking are:
- Rank 1- United States
- Rank 2- United Kingdom
- Rank 3- Germany
- Rank 4- Sweden
- Rank 5- France