Government of India announced National Start-up Awards 2021
National Start-up Awards 2021: A fact File
- Government of India announced the winners of “National
Start-up Awards 2021” and felicitated 46 start-ups for their contribution in
their respective sectors.
- Government also conferred an incubator and an accelerator
with the award during this ceremony.
- This marked the second edition of National Start-up Awards.
- Applications were invited from 15 sectors and 49
sub-sectors, ranging from agriculture to animal husbandry and from enterprise
technology to fintech.
- National Start-up awards seek to recognise start-ups
contributing towards economic dynamism by encouraging innovation and injecting
- It focuses on following start-ups.
- That build innovative products or solutions
- That are scalable enterprises, with high potential of wealth
creation or employment generation
- That demonstrates measurable social impact.
- In fintech category’s financial inclusion sub-sector,Bengaluru-based Naffa Innovations Private Limited was declared the winner.
start-up, also called ToneTag, was founded in 2013.
- It provides for mobile
payments using sound and near-field communication (NFC), without using
- Another winner in fintech category’s insurance sub-sector,
Umbo Idtech Private Limited won the award.
- This start-up was founded in 2018.
- It has built a full-stack platform, enabling omnichannel insurance distribution
for its clients.
- In Robotics sub-sector, Sagar Defence was declared the
- It was founded in 2015 by Mridul Babbar and Nikunj Parashar.
start-up builds autonomous navigation systems, aerial vehicles and unmanned
- In the women-led start-up category, Jaipur-headquartered
Frontier Markets was honoured.
- It was founded in 2011 by Ajaita Singh.
- It is a
social commerce platform that focuses on rural India.