Union HRD Ministry cleared to set up IIM : IIM-Nagpur first among new ones
- The Union HRD ministry recently cleared Maharashtra's first Indian Institute of Management (IIM) to
be set up at Nagpur .
- It would commence operations from 2015-16 academic session.
- Out of six institutes proposed by the finance minister,
Nagpur was only one to get clearance.
- Others proposed in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Bihar, and
Odisha were yet to finalize location.
- The last one to be set up was in Andhra Pradesh as part of
its reorganization bill at Vizag.
- Jaitley had allocated Rs 500 crore for setting up these .
- After HRD ministry's proposal, Mumbai, Pune and Aurangabad
also staked their claim on the prestigious institution.
- The aspiring students can in fact opt for Nagpur for 2015-16
session as all the new six IIMs were included in the CAT conducted in
- IIM-Nagpur to start operations from 2015-16 academic
session and will be mentored by IIM-Ahmedabad.
- IIM-Nagpur was the first of the six new institutes
proposed to be set up to get clearance.