Country's Largest Steel Maker SAIL plans Rs 1,50,000 crore investment by 2030-31
- The largest steel maker of India has charted investment of Rs
1,50,000 crore till 2030-31 to ramp up steel production from 23 million tonnes
to 50 million tonnes.
- The PSU steel maker indicated that the investment line-up
would encompass both brownfield and greenfield expansion.
- Of the Rs 1.5 lakh crore capital expenditure plan, Rs 40,000
crore will be invested in West Bengal in new capacities and allied activities,
- West Bengal is set to get the country's first iron-ore
nuggets plant that would be built in collaboration with Kobe Steel.
- A 50:50 joint venture has been formed with Kobe Steel to set
up a commercial plant for making iron ore nuggets.
- The project will come up at Durgapur and use the Japanese
steel maker's patented iron making technology.