Deepak Punia secures quota for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Indian wrestlers Deepak Punia won the World Wrestling Championships
2019 and secured his Olympics quota.
- Also, Rahul Aware reached the semi-finals
of the ongoing tournament in their respective weight categories.
- Deepak defeated Carlos Arturo Izquierdo Mendez of Colombia in the
- He became the fourth Indian wrestler to secure a berth for the
Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- Jitender also won bronze medallist Kotanoglu of Turkey 7-1 in the
men's 79kg freestyle category.
- Mausam Khatri was defeated by the top-seeded Kyle Frederick
Snyder of USA with a score of 0-10 in
- Other Indian Wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Bajrang Punia and Ravi Kumar
have already secured their quota for the 2020 Games and bagged bronze medals in
their respective weight categories.