Bajrang Punia won a bronze medal at the World Wrestling Championships
- Bajrang Punia bagged the bronze medal in the World Wrestling
- He defeated Mongolia's Tulga Tumur Ochir 8-7 to clinch the medal
in the 65 kg weight category.
- The wrestler was trailing to win in the match.
- The 25-year-old had secured a spot for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics
after an impressive 8-1 win over North Korea's Jong Son in the tournament.
- Vinesh Phogat became the
first Indian wrestler to qualify for the upcoming global games.
- He booked her place in the 53kg category. She bagged back-to-back
gold medals in the 2014 and 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- In the 2018 Asian Games, she clinched a gold medal in the 50kg
- World Wrestling Championships are the Amateur Wrestling World
Championships organized by the United World Wrestling.
- The Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling tournament began in 1904, and the
Men's Freestyle Wrestling tournament began in 1951.
- The Women's Freestyle championships were first staged in 1987.