US sanctions Iran's central bank in highest ever sanctions on a nation
- US President Donald Trump announced a new round of sanctions
against Iran's central bank, calling the new penalties the highest sanctions
ever imposed on a country.
- His remarks came days after he ordered to substantially increase
sanctions on Iran.
- The sanctions come after the US blamed Iran for the drone attacks
on two Saudi oil facilities last week.
- The latest sanctions action against Tehran affected the last
source of funds for Iran.
- The action comes after Washington accused Iran for the
weekend attacks on Saudi oil refineries.
- He ordered the Treasury Department to substantially increase
sanctions on the country.
- Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif blasted the new round
- Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi that the
sanctions against Iran's Central Bank are nothing new, but same old bans in a
- The US to accept that the policy of sanctions is a failed one.