Bengaluru tops list of most digitised cities,accounts for highest card payments
- According to the payments solution company Razorpay , Bengaluru has topped the list of "most digitised
cities" accounting for highest card payments.
- The Era of Rising Fintech Razorpay Software Pvt Ltd, is a Bengaluru based company.
- Bengaluru city is followed by Hyderabad,
Mumbai, Pune and Delhi.
- The top five digitised states as per the report are
Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and New Delhi.
- Payments made through credit and debit cards was at 50 % in the pay to merchants category in April, May, June while it was 56% in January, February and March.
- Tamil Nadu ranked fourth in contribution in digital
transactions in the country with Chennai’s share was highest at 57 %,
followed by Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Salem and Erode.
- Tamil Nadu is among one of
the most developed states in India.
predicted that 40 % of digital payments transactions would be driven by
Tier-II businesses and consumers by 2020.