Ronojoy Dutta as new CEO of airline IndiGo
- Leading budget airline IndiGo on 24 January 2019 named
who as company’s new CEO? - Ronojoy Dutta
- InterGlobe Aviation Ltd, which runs IndiGo, India’s largest
airline in terms of passengers carried, on 24 January 2019 named industry
veteran Ronojoy Dutta as chief executive officer (CEO).
- His appointment comes about nine months after IndiGo’s
president and whole-time director Aditya Ghosh, who managed the day-to-day
operations at the airline, announced his decision to quit.
- Dutta, who has
several decades of experience in the aviation sector, has been the president of
United Airlines, after rising through the ranks in the company.
- InterGlobe also appointed former SEBI chairman M. Damodaran
as chairman of the company’s board. His appointment comes two months after the
death of M.D.
- Mallya who had served as chairman of the company.