The 49th International Film Festival of India began in Goa
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) is all set
to roll out the red carpet to host the film fraternity in Goa from the 20th of
- The 49th edition of the festival will open with World
Premiere of James Ivory's executive produced 'The Aspern Papers'.
- It will showcase 212 films from over 68 countries.
- While the International Competition section of the fest
features 15 films out of which 3 are Indian, the competition section itself
represents films from 22 countries.
- IFFI 2018 will also feature Retrospective of Swedish
filmmaker Ingmar Bergman on his 100th birth anniversary.
- IFFI 2018 will
showcase 7 of best films of his career.
- Israel is the focus country at this year's movie
extravaganza.10 Israeli films that will be screened at the festival as part of
the country focus package.
- Jharkhand has been selected as the State of Focus for IFFI
2018 and Jharkhand Day will be celebrated on the 24th of this month as part of
- The Indian Panorama section at IFFI will comprise 26 feature
and 21 non-feature Indian films.
- The Feature film Jury selected the film 'OLU', directed by
Shaji N Karun as the Opening feature film of Indian Panorama 2018.
- Indian sports biopics, such as "Mary Kom",
"1983" and "MSD: The Untold Story", will have open air
- This year IFFI will showcase some of the best films of Vinod
Khanna, who received the Dada Saheb Phalke award posthumously.
- This year homage will be paid to Shashi Kapoor, Sridevi, M.
Karunanidhi and Kalpana Lajmi.
- A Special Package for Visually Impaired Children special
screenings with audio description will be organized for the children who are