Abhijit Bose appointed the first-ever India head of messaging service WhatsApp
- Abhijit Bose was appointed the first-ever India head of messaging
- Facebook Inc.-owned messaging service WhatsApp appointed him as head of WhatsApp India on 21 November 2018.
- He will work to
establish WhatsApp India, expected to begin its operations next year.
- Bose is the co-founder and chief executive officer of
enterprise payments solutions firm Ezetap.
- He will build WhatsApp’s first full
country team outside of California.
- WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware and cross-platform
messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook.
- The application allows the sending of text messages and
voice calls, as well as video calls, images and other media, documents, and
- The client was created by WhatsApp Inc., based in Mountain
View, California, which was acquired by Facebook in February 2014 for
approximately US$19.3 billion.
- By February 2018, WhatsApp had a user base of over one and a
half billion, making it the most popular messaging application at the time.
- WhatsApp has grown in multiple countries, including Brazil,
India, and large parts of Europe, including United Kingdom and France.