Lotay Tshering elected the new Prime Minister of Bhutan
- Lotay Tshering was elected the new Prime Minister of the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan in
country’s third democratic election.
- The results of which were announced on 19
- Lotay Tshering is the President of Druk Nyamrup Tshogpa party.
- His party won 30 of 47 national assembly seats in the third
general election in Bhutan.
- Bhutan has now chosen a different party to rule at each
election since the end of absolute monarchy in 2008.
- Tshering is a 50-year-old
urology surgeon. He will replace Tshering Tobgay.