Sixth meeting of NDMA begins at New Delhi
- On October 18, 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired the sixth meeting of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) at New Delhi.
- Prime Minister chaired 6th meeting of NDMA.
- Other delegates present in the meeting were: Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh and officials of NDMA.
- The agenda of the meeting was:
- Review of ongoing projects undertaken by the NDMA,
- Review of effective management and response to disasters,
- Coordination between the various stakeholders for better implementation of joint projects,
- Need to bring in global expertise in the field of disaster management.
- The Headquarters of NDMA is located at New Delhi,India.
- PM Narendra Modi is the Chairman of NDMA.
- It works Under Ministry of Home Affiars.