Natwar Thakkar, eminent Gandhian known as ‘Nagaland’s Gandhi’ passed away
- Natwar Thakkar, an eminent Gandhian passed away on 6 October 2018 at the age of 86.
- He was popularly known as
‘Nagaland’s Gandhi’, passed away after a brief illness in Nagaland .
- He was from Maharashtra and had made Nagaland his home ever
since he had arrived in the State in 1955.
- A Padma Shri awardee, he had founded
the Nagaland Gandhi Ashram at Chuchuyimlang.
- His efforts to spread Gandhian
philosophy and peace had earned him the sobriquet ‘Nagaland’s Gandhi’.