Pankaj Sharma appointed India's Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament
- Pankaj Sharma has been appointed as the next Ambassador of
India to the United Nations Conference on Disarmament, Geneva.
- Sharma, an Indian Foreign Services (IFS) officer of 1991
batch is currently serving as a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs
- He will be taking up the assignment shortly.
- Sharma will
succeed senior IFS officer Amandeep Singh Gill.
- UN Conference on Disarmament UN Conference on Disarmament
(CD) is not formally United Nations (UN) organization.
- It is linked to UN through personal representative of UN
- It is multilateral forum established in 1979 by
international community to negotiate multilateral arms control and disarmament
- It is headquartered in Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
- The conference has 65 members represent all areas of the