MP announces 52nd district, decision to come into effect from Oct 1
- The Madhya Pradesh government announced the
creation of a new district 'Niwari'.
- The new district would include three tehsils of the present
Tikamgarh district - Niwari, Orchha and Prithvipur.
- The government's decision
will come into effect from October 1.
- With Niwari, the total number of districts in the state now
stands at 52.
- The district has been carved out of the Tikamgarh district.
- It will include three tehsils of present Tikamgarh district
viz. Niwari, Orchha and and Prithvipur.
- The decision comes ahead of the Madhya Pradesh assembly
elections, which is scheduled to be held by the end of this year.