Ajay Data, first Indian elected in to ICANN
- The nominating committee of Internet Corporation for
Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has selected Ajay Data as a new council
member of Country Code Supporting Organisation (ccNSO).
- He is the Founder & CEO of Data XGen Plus and a global
leader in email linguistic services.
- Ajay Data is the first Indian to have been selected as a
member of ccNSO and will be representing India at a global level.
- He will be the custodian of Asia, Australia and Pacific
Islands as a member of ccNSO.
- Data has got a two-year term and will take up the position
during ICANN 63 Meet in Spain in October 2018.
- The members of ccNSO, which is ICANN’s policy development
body for ccTLD (country code top-level domains) issues, are all country code
top level domain operators from around the world.
- The ccNSO of the ICANN is the
policy-development body for global issues regarding country code top-level
domains (ccTLD) within the ICANN structure.