World Badminton Championship final: PV Sindhu wins silver,loses to Carolina Marin
- Ace Indian shuttler P V Sindhu finished second best winning
silver medal at World Championships 2018 of Badminton in women’s singles
category held at Nanjing, China.
- It makes Sindhu only Indian to have four world championships
- Earlier she had won two bronze medals at 2013 (Guangzhou)
and 2014 (Copenhagen) editions.
- PV Sindhu was completely outclassed by Carolina Marin.
- PV Sindhu’s hopes of winning her first World Championships
gold medal faced a familiar roadblock, which goes by the name of Carolina
- The Spaniard absolutely dominated over her opponent in the
second game, to win her third World Championships gold.
- Sindhu started off strongly, leading by 14-11 in the first
game at one stage.
- Sindhu lost 21-19, 21-10 in the final and had to settle for
a silver medal for the second straight time in World Championships.