CSIA Mumbai airport creates record with 1,000 flights in a day
- Mumbai airport
created history for Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) by
becoming 1000th flight in a day when Air France flight AF 218 landed in Mumbai.
- This is one of the oldest aviation hub in India
- The big storm that swept Mumbai late night saw over 25
incoming flights being diverted to other cities.
- IndiGo’s flight from Kolkata (6E-961), which touched down
there at 11.58 pm, was the last flight of that super busy day.
- The previous record for the airport was 988 flight movements
on May 19, which was an improvement over 980 flights witnessed on February 10.
- The average daily flight movement is 950.