Electric vehicles (EVs) in India will soon sport unique green license plates
- Electric vehicles (EVs) in India will get number plate of Green colour, as was approved by the Union Government during May 2018.
- The Union Government has given its approval to a proposal in this regard.
- Green number plates will make EVs eligible for benefits like concession on tolls, preferential parking and more.
- The government has approved the use of green license plates with white fonts on personal EVs and with yellow fonts on EVs used for commercial purposes.
- The step has been taken to promote the adoption of EVs in the country.