Indian tea industry records highest ever production, export in FY-2018
- The Indian tea industry recorded the highest ever production
as well as export for the 2017-18 financial year.
- Tea production for the financial year was recorded at
1,325.05 million kg, up from 1,250.49 million kg – an increase by 74.56 million
kg or 5.96%.
- Meanwhile tea export stood at 256.57 million kg, an increase
of 28.94 million kg or 12.71%, compared with last year’s tea export of 227.63
- The amount of foreign exchange obtained from tea exports for
2017-18 was $785.92 million.
- In contrast tea exports earned $690.73 million in
2016-17 – an increase of $95.19 million or 13.78%.