Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited, a joint venture situated near Hyderabad
- Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL)’s facility to make
fuselages and secondary structures was inaugurated by Defence Minister Nirmala
Sitharaman on 1 March 2018 near Hyderabad.
- Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited, a joint venture between Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems Ltd.
- This first-of-its-kind facility is situated Hyderabad.
- Construction of the manufacturing
facility began in 2016 and was completed on schedule.
- The facility will also produce secondary structures and
vertical spar boxes of this multi-role combat helicopter. The delivery of the
first fuselage is expected in 2018.
- TBAL, Boeing’s first equity joint venture in India, is the
result of a 2015 partnership agreement with Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL).