First North East Development Summit held in Manipur
- The first ever North East Development Summit (NEDS) 2017 was
held in Imphal, Manipur.
- It was inaugurated by President of India Ram Nath
- It was organised by Delhi-based think tank India Foundation
in collaboration with Union Government and Manipur government.
- NEDS 2017 aims to boost trade and investment in
underdeveloped region of North East.
- It also aimed at building confidence and altering perception
among visiting delegates and investors. Various international finance agencies
laid down their plan for development in the region.
- NEDS 2017
were Trade and Investment, Connectivity and Infrastructure Development, Tourism
Development in North-East India, Skill Development, Capacity Building and