Former Union minister Sanwar Lal Jat dies in AIIMS
- Member of Parliament from Ajmer and former Union minister
Sanwar Lal Jat died at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in
- The 62-year-old Jat leader from the state had suffered a
major cardiac arrest on July 24 and was airlifted to AIIMS on July 27.
- Jat's untimely demise sent shock waves in the political
corridors of the state, with both - BJP and Congress - immediately cancelling
all its meetings and programmes for the day.
- The state government too announced a day-long mourning while
members of the Vasundhara Raje cabinet met to condole Jat's demise.
- Jat had collapsed after suffering a major cardiac arrest during
a meeting of the elected representatives with BJP chief Amit Shahat the state
headquarters on June 22.
- He was rushed to the SMS Hospital and though his condition
was believed to be stable but critical then, he was moved to AIIMS on July 27.