India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) Summit 2015 held in Jaipur
- The 2nd edition of the Forum for India-Pacific Islands
Cooperation (FIPIC) Summit recently held.
- The summit was held in Jaipur, Indian on 21 August 2015.
- The heads of states of 14 Pacific island nations were participated
in the summit.
- India has pushed for deeper engagement with 14 resource-rich
island nations in a range of key areas including trade and investment.
- India is looking forward to expand its footprint in the
strategically important South Pacific region and the 2nd FIPIC Summit is being
seen as a step in the same direction.
- Participated Nations : - Fiji,
Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tuvalu, Vanuatu,
Cook Islands, Kiribati, Micronesia, Solomon Islands and Tonga.
- The first edition of FIPIC Summit was held in 2014 in Fiji.