Duleep Trophy has been withdrawn from its calendar due to to packed scheduled
- On 20
July 2015,the Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) has scrapped Duleep Trophy ,the over five-decade old domestic trophy from its calendar
due to packed schedule.
- The Duleep Trophy was a first-class cricket
tournament played between teams representing geographical zones of the country.
- It was held for the first time in 1961-62.
- It was played on regional format and
five regions representing the whole country participated in it.
- The BCCI scrapped this trophy primarily due to packed schedule of
Indian domestic cricket.
- It also changed the formats of the limited overs
tournaments like Deodhar Trophy and Vijay Hazare Trophy in an attempt to
experiment with the upcoming domestic season while.