Uttar Pradesh govt. plans trauma units in all districts by 2016
- The state govt. of Uttar Pradesh is going to open as many as
15 new trauma care units would come up across important districts in its state.
- These trauma centers
would be functional by the end of March 2016.
- Trauma management plan for the state was rolled out about a
decade ago with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH).
- The ministry also gave initial funds but the current
expenditure is being borne by the state exchequer.
- As per prescribed norms, trauma management comprises a
- It begins with level 4 which is the network of ambulances
that plays an important role in transporting the patient from the site of
accident and provides primary management.