Indian tennis star Leander Paes wins 16th Grand Slam title at Wimbledon
- A vintage Leander Paes clinched his 16th Grand Slam trophy,
winning the mixed doubles event of the Wimbledon Championship with legendary
- They deafeted
Alexander Peya and Timea Babosin the final match at London.
- Seventh seed Indo-Swiss pair drubbed the fifth seed
Austrian-Hungarian team 6-1 6-1 in the lop-sided summit clash which was over in
just 40 minutes.
- It was Paes' eighth mixed doubles title and second with
- They had won the Australian Open early this year.
- The 42-year-old Paes has eight men's doubles crowns in his
Grand Slam collection.