EXIM Bank, BRICS member development banks ink MoU with New Development Bank
- Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) has signed a
multilateral agreement to cooperate with New Development Bank (NDB) along with
other member development banks of BRICS nations.
- New Development Bank (NDB) is promoted by the BRICS nations
- Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- The agreement was signed between EXIM Bank Chairman and
Managing Director Yaduvendra Mathur and Chairpersons or Presidents of other
member development banks of BRICS in Ufa, Russia during the BRICS Summit 2015.
- Exim Bank also signed a cooperation agreement with Brazilian
Development Bank (BNDES).
The MoU is aimed at sharing of :-
2) information and best practices
3) capacity building of personnel including project
4) promotion of joint events, research and
5) development of effective and sustainable financing
solutions for projects of mutual interest.