The Union Govt. generate 48,000 BPO jobs in small towns soon: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- The government will soon unveil a policy to generate around
48,000 jobs in Business Process Outsourcing firms that would be set up in small
- This would help to not just improve literacy rate, but also
to generate employment for youth.
- The BPOs are to be
open in Bhagalpur, Muzaffarnagar, Gorakhpur, Deoria, Saharanpur, Idukki,
Aurangabad and places like Dhenkanal.
- The BPO centres will be allocated according to the
population of each state as per the last census.
- The absence of job opportunities in small towns is adding to
- The Centre will set up 44 BPO centres in Bihar,
and 84 in Uttar Pradesh
- At present, the Union Communications minister is Ravi Shankar Prasad .