Time's 100 most influential Persons : India's PM Mr Narendra Modi and Nadella are listed
- India's PM Mr
Narendra Modi ,Satya Nadella and four people of Indian origin figure are listed in the
Time magazine's list of the World's 100 most influential people this year.
- The others on the influential magazine's list of 100 are Titans, Pioneers, Artists, Leaders and
Icons include Chanda Kochhar, managing director and CEO of ICICI Bank,
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and Vikram Patel, co-founder of the NGO Sangath
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is billed as "The turnaround
artist" who is "setting Microsoft up for greatness again".
- Vikram Patel, co-founder of the NGO Sangath and the Centre
for Global Mental Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,
is described as a "Well-being warrior".
- The annual TIME 100 issue, the magazine says "tells 100
stories of individual influence.
- For the third straight year, Pakistani education activist
Malala Yousafzai, 17, is the youngest person on the list.
- The oldest person on the list is Tunisian President Beji
Caid Essebsi, who at 88 finds himself the steward of the Arab world's youngest
Brief History: Time
Person of the Year
- Person of the Year or called Man of the Year until 1999 is
an annual issue of the United States news magazine Time.
- It features and
profiles a person, group, idea or object that "for better or for
worse...has done the most to influence the events of the year".
- The tradition of selecting a "Man of the Year"
began in 1927
- In 1999, the title was changed to Person of the Year.
- The first person of the year was Charles Lindberg of United
States declared in 1927.
- In 1927, Lindbergh became the first person to fly a plane
solo non-stop across the Atlantic, from New York to Paris.