Vijayanagara become 31st district of Karnataka state
- The Karnataka Government recently notified that, the
Vijayanagara has become the 31st district of Karnataka officially.
- The district has its headquarter at Hosapete.
- Vijayanagara is located in Hyderabad-Karnataka region.
- The district also be the home to UNESCO World Heritage sites
namely the Hampi and Virupaksha Temple.
- Vijayanagara district has been named after the capital of
the Vijayanagar Empire.
- The district was established out of the ore-rich Ballari
district in accordance with the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964.
- The district will comprise of six taluks namely the
Hosapete, kotturu, Kudligi, Hagaribommanahalli, Harapanahalli and Hoovina
- Earlier, the Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa had announced
his plan of creating a new Vijayanagara district in the month of September,
- The Chief Minister had cited it is required to create a new district for
the administrative reasons.
- Creation of the new
district will help in promoting the tourism to the places like Hampi temple.
- The Karnataka Cabinet formally approved the creation of
a new vijayanagara district on November 18, 2020.