Committee of Experts on corruption charges under CVC to be constituted
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has invited
applications for constituting Committee of Experts on corruption charges.
panel will scrutinise requests from ministries and departments for review of
its advice on prosecuting officers facing charges.
- Persons fulfilling eligibility conditions have been asked to
submit applications by January 19.
- The CVC is mandated to tender advice in respect of officers
in cases where investigating agencies seek sanction for their prosecution under
the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Sometimes, the department/ministry concerned
refers the cases back to the CVC for reconsideration.
- Hence, to examine such proposals and to assist the CVC in
arriving at a conclusion, the expert committee is being constituted on the
guidelines issued by the Department of Personnel and Training.