Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of
Light House projects (LHPs) at six sites across six States through video
conference on 1st January 2021.
- The LHPs will be implemented at Indore (Madhya Pradesh),
Rajkot (Gujarat), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Agartala (Tripura)
and Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh).
The project is being constructed under the Global Housing
Technology Challenge (GHTC)-India. It has been conceptualized by the Union
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
Under the programme, over 1,000 houses would be built in
each of the six cities in 12 months along with allied infrastructure
- Construction sector acts as a force multiplier for the
economy, he noted and added that his government has taken a number of steps to
boost the real estate sector and will continue to do so.
- Modern construction practices from countries like France,
Germany and Canada will be put into practice.
- The light houses in Rajkot will be built using French
technology and have monolithic concrete construction technology using tunnel
and the house will be more capable of withstanding disasters.
- In Chennai, US and Finland technologies will use the precast
concrete system, which will construct the house faster and cheaper.
- In Ranchi,
houses will be built using Germany's 3D construction system. Each room will be
made separately and then the entire structure will be added in the same way as
Lego Blocks toys.