World’s largest scooter factory to be set up in Tamil Nadu by Ola
What is Ola Cabs ?
- The SoftBank-backed mobility platform, Ola has signed a
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Tamil Nadu government, to set up its
first factory in the state, at an investment of Rs 2,400 crore.
- Upon completion, the Ola factory in Tamil Nadu will be the
largest scooter manufacturing facility in the world.
- Initially, the factory
will have an annual manufacturing capacity of 2 million units.
- It will make two million electric scooters at a greenfield facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
- This would displace Honda's Vithalpur facility in Gujarat, which makes 1.2 million units of petrol-powered scooters a year.
- Ola Cabs is an Indian ridesharing company offering services that include vehicle for hire and food delivery.
- The company is based in Bangalore, Karnataka, India and was developed by ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- It was founded on 3 December 2010, Mumbai
- Headquarters : Bengaluru