India and Uzbekistan inks 9 Agreements to strengthen strategic partnership
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uzbekistan President
Shavkat Mirziyoyev co-chaired the virtual Summit held between the two
countries, to strengthen strategic partnership among them.
- India and Uzbekistan signed nine Agreements and Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) in various areas including in the field of:
- Solar Energy.
- Digital Technologies.
- High Impact Community Development Projects.
- Trade, Economic and Investment Cooperation.
- Defence and Security.
- Civil Nuclear Energy.
- The Government of India also approved a US $448 million Line
of Credit for four developmental projects in Uzbekistan in the fields of road
construction, sewerage treatment and information technology.