World Animal Welfare Day is celebrated on 4 October
- World Animal Welfare Day is celebrated on 4th October across
- The day aims to raise awareness about improving the welfare standards
of the animals across the world and also to celebrate the relationship between
humankind and animal kingdom.
- It also aims to educate the world and full regard
to their welfare.
- World Animal Day The day was first organized by Heinrich
Zimmermann on 24th March 1925, at Sports Palace in Berlin, Germany.
- More than
5,000 people attended the first event.
- Initially, it was scheduled for 4th
October to align with Saint Francis of Assisi feast day.
- In 1929, World Animal
Day was celebrated on 4th October for the first time.
- World Animal Welfare Day
was first started in 1931 at a convention of ecologists in Florence, Italy, to
highlight the importance of endangered species.