Jal Shakti Minister presented 2020 Swachh Bharat Awards
- Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat presented
the Swachh Bharat Awards 2020 particularly under the drinking water and
- The awards were given to States, Districts, Blocks and
- The Center had earlier launched three missions namely Swachh
Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan and Gandagi Mukth
- Under the Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya category
Gujarat was awarded the first position at state level whereas Tirunelveli in
Tamil Nadu got the Award for cleanliness at District Level.
- Chinnanur Village in Tamil Nadu bagged the top slot at Gram
- Khachrod block in Ujjain district in Madhya Pradesh was
awarded the first position.
- Under the Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan, Gujarat and Uttar
Pradesh topped as best performing states.
- Prayagraj and Bareilly won the award for being the best
- Under the Gandagi Mukth Bharat Mission, Haryana and
Telangana were awarded the top slot.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) has transformed rural India
into a Jan Andolan for achieving Open
Defecation Free (ODF). The Phase II of the SBM (G) was launched early this
- It focuses on ODF sustainability and Solid and Liquid Waste
Management (SLWM) which aims at comprehensive cleanliness in villages.