PM Narendra Modi launched platform for Transparent Taxation - Honouring the Honest
- India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a platform for "Transparent Taxation - Honouring the Honest" through video conferencing on 13
- The platform is expected to meet the requirements of the
21st-century taxation system.
- The platform has major reforms like Faceless
Appeal, Faceless Assessment, and Taxpayers Charter.
- The platform focuses on the
reduction in tax rates and simplification of direct tax laws,
- Transparent Taxation - Honouring the Honest:
- With this launch, the
Faceless Assessment and Taxpayers Charter have come into force.
- The facility of
faceless appeal will be available for citizens across the country from 25th
September, Deen Dayal Upadhyay's birth anniversary.
- The new platform
apart from being faceless is also aimed at boosting the confidence of the
taxpayer and making him/her fearless.
- The platform is in
line with the GoI's move towards "Banking the Unbanked, Securing the Unsecured
and Funding the Unfunded".
- With Tax Charter,
taxpayers will now be assured of fair, courteous, and rational behavior.
- It aims to provide
resolution of pending tax disputes, the department also brought out the Direct
Tax Vivad se Vishwas Act, 2020.
- Currently, declarations for settling disputes
are being filed under this.