Israel successfully tests advanced missile defense system Arrow-2 interceptor
Arrow-2 interceptor: A Fact File
- Israel successfully conducted a flight test of the Arrow-2
interceptor on 13 August 2020.
- Israel's multi-layered aerial defense systems
have been designed to stand a war if the country is targeted with massive
- Arrow-2 system is a part of the multi-layered system Israel.
- The System is developed to defend against both short- and
- Arrow-2 system is capable to defend against threats from
outside the atmosphere.
- Israel and the United States (US) jointly tested Arrow-3
successfully in 2019 in Alaska.
- The system was developed by Israel Aerospace Industries and
Boeing and became operational in January 2017.
- The Arrow-2 has been in use even longer and deployed in
recent years to counter Syrian missiles.