Chhattisgarh CM launched Indira Van Mitan Yojana
Indira Van Mitan Yojana : A Fact file
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched Indira
Van Mitan Yojana on the occasion of World Tribal Day.
- The scheme aims to make
the forest dwellers in the state self-reliant.
- Under the Indira Van Mitan Yojana,
youth groups will be formed in 10,000 villages of tribal area of the state.
forest-based economic activities will be conducted through these groups.
groups will work to provide self-employment and prosperity of the forest
dwellers through these groups.
- The groups will also ensure arrangements for procurement,
processing and marketing of forest produce.
- The scheme aims to add 19 lakh families from scheduled
- The groups will
- They will collect the forest produce from the trees of the forest
areas and get economic benefits.
- The estimated cost of a unit would be around Rs.10 lakh.
amount of Rs.8.50 crore will be made available for the establishment of forest
produce processing units in 85 development blocks of scheduled areas.
- In order to increase
the income of forest dwellers fruit and vegetation plants will be planted
instead of timbers in the forests.