Prime Minister e-Inaugurated 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project
Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project:
- Through video conferencing, Prime Minister of India Narendra
Modi has inaugurated the 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Plant on 10th July 2020.
- To date, the 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project is the largest
single-site solar power project in Central India to date.
- The Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project is located in Gurh
Tehsil of Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa district.
- It is spread over 1,590 acres of
- For the successful implementation
of the Power Project, a Joint Venture Company between Solar Energy Corporation
of India (SECI) and Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikash Nigam Limited (MPUVNL) was set
- The name of the Joint Venture Company is Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited
- The entire cost of the Solar Power Project is worth around
Rs 4000 crore.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) is the transaction
adviser for the Solar Power Project.
31st January 2018, the World Bank Group has approved a loan of USD 30 million
(approx Rs 225 crore) for the internal infrastructure of the project.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is an institutional customer of
the 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project.
- 24 percent of the power
generated by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Plant will be supplied to Delhi Metro.