AIR starts its First-Ever Sanskrit News Programme ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’
- All India Radio (AIR) FM news channel
will be broadcasting its first-ever news programme in Sanksrit language for 20
minutes duration from 4th July 2020,.
- All India Radio has
named the news programme ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’.
- Sanskrit Saptahiki will be broadcasted every Saturday.
Repeat broadcast will be available on Sundays. The news program will have the
- This will be the opening segment. It will be in the
form of a shloka, a quote from Sanskrit literature will be explained in this
segment as a shloka
Saptahiki: Sanskrit Darshan:
- A story from Indian epics, history or from the art
and culture field of India
- News from the world of Sanskrit
- Gyan Vigyan:
- An interview with a prominent Sanskrit language
- Ek Bharat- Shreshtha Bharat: Sanksrit to Hindi translation
of five commonly used words
- This will be the closing segment in which with
focus on India’s culture and tradition, Major historical events of the week
will be covered
- ‘Vaartavali’ completed 5 years of continues broadcast
- On 4th July 2020, DD News has completed the 5 years of the
continuous broadcast of Sanskrit News Magazine ‘Vaartavali’.
- The Prime Minister
of India Narendra Modi congratulated DD News for the completion of the
successful 5 years.