NIPER institutes at the NIRF rankings
- The Ministry of Human Resources and Development recently released the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- IIT Madras had topped the list.
- The NIPER (National Institutes of Pharmaceutical Education and Research) institutes this year have shown great improvements in the ranking.
- The annual ranking is released in categories namely colleges, universities, law, dental, architecture, management, engineering, pharmacy and medicine.
- Under pharmacy, the NIPERs have shown great improvements.
- Out of seven NIPERs in the country, SAS Nagar NIPER at Mohali retained its third position.
- The NIPER at Ahmedabad and Hyderabad improved a rank from 2019.
- They are now in 5th and 8th positions respectively.
- While the country fighting with COVID-19 and struggling to find a cure, the NIPER institutes have greater roles.
- Their improvement in rankings clearly sends signals about the improving performances to the cause of research and innovation in the field of medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
- This is promptly the current need of the moment.