NPCI launched Pai: An Artificial Intelligence Virtual Assistant
- On May 27, 2020, the National Payment Corporation of India
launched Artificial Intelligence based chatbot called Pai.
National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI): A fact file
- The Chatbot aims to
increase financial inclusion in India.
- The PAI can be accessed 24/7.
- It provides information about NPCI products.
- The queries can be sent by the users through text or voice.
- In order to send queries, the users shall use websites of RuPay, NPCI and UPI.
- Currently, PAI is available in English and Hindi languages.
- It is to be
launched soon in other languages as well.
- The AI based chatbot was created by Bengaluru based startup
CoRover Private Limited.
The Services provided by NPCI are as follows:
- The NPCI was founded
in 2008 and was established by Reserve Bank of India.
- AEPS is one of the
biggest success of NPCI. AEPS is Aadhaar Enabled Payment System.
- In July 2019,
the number of AEPS transactions crossed 200 million.
- Bharat Bill
Payment System: It is a one-stop bill payment system.
- BharatQR: It is a code developed for ease of payments and
- BHIM: A mobile application for unified payment interface
- Cheque Truncation System
- IMPS (Immediate Payment Service): A real time inter bank
- National Common Mobility Card
- Unified Payment Interface