Odisha approved Rs.8,000 crore for Hindalcos new alumina refinery unit
Hindalco Industries Ltd: A fact file
- Odisha's High-Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) approved a
new greenfield alumina refinery unit.
- The project was proposed by Aditya Birla
Group-owned Hindalco Industries.
- This will be Hindalco's second alumina
refining complex in Odisha after the Utkal Alumina refining project, also in
the Rayagada district.
- The estimated cost of the new facility is Rs.8,000 crore.
- The new unit is to be set up at Kansariguda near Rayagada in
- The capacity of the plant is 2 million tonnes per annum.
- It is expected to provide employment for 4,250 people.
- Hindalco counts on the Odisha government on raw material for
feeding the refinery.
- Also, Bauxite from any of the leases of Odisha Mining
Corporation will feed the planned refinery of Hindalco.
- The estimated project scheduled is four to five years
- The company was founded in the yaer 1958.
- Its Headquarters is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Hindalco is an aluminium and copper manufacturing company in
- It is a subsidiary of the Aditya Birla Group.