Magesh Chandran won the Hastings International Chess Congress title
Hastings International Chess Congress:
- Indian chess player P. Magesh Chandran won the title in the
95th edition of the Hastings International Chess Congress in Hastings, England.
- He defeated Indian GM Deep Sengupta in the eighth round to win the title.
secured the first place with 7.5 points from nine games.
- Indian player G A Stany took sixth place with 6.5 points
- India's woman player GM R Vaishali secured 6 points and
- Two other Indian players, Deep Sengupta and Swayams Mishra
finished 13th and 14th respectively by securing identical 6 points.
- A nine-round accelerated Swiss Pairing tournament was held
at Hastings, England.
- The tournament was held from 28 December 2019 to 5
- The event provided opportunities to qualify for titles and for
the Federation Internationale des Echecs (FIDE) Rating List.