Gujarat to set up Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center
CIF: A fact file
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced that the State
is to set up the Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center (VSCIC) in the
- The announcement was made at the Children's Innovation Festival (CIF)
held at Swarnim Sankul in Gandhi Nagar.
- He felicitated top 30 idea teams, out
114 teams, led by school students in the state.
- Also, a letter of intent was
exchanged between Gujarat University and UNICEF on the occasion.
- The center will identify, nurture and promote children's
ideas and innovation.
- Children's Innovation Festival (CIF) was organized by
Gujarat University Start-ups and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC).
initiative was aimed to identify, nurture and support children's innovations in
- More than 480 teams applied from 25 districts of Gujarat, out of
which 114 teams were selected for CIF Boot Camp for mentor -ship and capacity
building on entrepreneurship.
- The festival was exclusively organized for the
school-going children up to 18 years old.
- GUSEC is an incubation centre set up by Gujarat
University in partnership with UNICEF.