Maharashtra Govt launches Cyber Safe Women initiative
Cyber Safe Women
- Maharashtra Government launched a Cyber Safe Women
initiative under which awareness camps held across all the districts of the
state regarding cyber safety.
- The initiative will help in educating women about
how the web is used by anti-social elements and child predators to commit
various types of crimes.
- The instances of cyber-crime need to be curbed, and
the government is looking to take all measures to ensure that women and
children to these criminal activities.
- The important to discuss the best practices
openly for surfing the internet.
- The best practices are given below.
sensitive information on any social media, which is private, should be secured
using complex passwords.
- Printers, wifi, webcams, and computers, should be shut
down and not kept continuously open when not in use.
- Do not access the links to
which an email can direct you and then ask you for personal information.
net banking does not adopt google search or other search and instead of typing the correct address of
your bank yourself in the address bar.